Friday, February 20, 2009

Finally Friday

So, I think we have come to the conclusion that we can't buy our house and still live in it. Kind of a bummer. We are still working on solutions, but it has been a stressful, sad week.
It has also been a super busy week, and will be through tomorrow night at least. Tonight was Girl Scout Thinking Day, and since my older girls put it on, there was a lot to be done! Throw in the fact that my sister-in-law, who is my co-leader, and her kids have been sick for two weeks and you have a big fat mess. In actuality, the event went off without a hitch, looking spectacular. Most things do, you know. All the kids had a great time, there were lots of songs led, cute costumes and swaps. In fact, my youngers won a certificate for cutest swap! I appreciate all the applause, yes, that was me. :) The girls made them, but it was my idea. I tried to have all the components of Thinking Day be age appropriate for them, and I think I really succeded. The board was cute, too. I also gave in at the last minute and bought Aunica a costume at the Oriental Market (which is really cool, by the way, I had never been in there before). The girls chose to learn about China, so we read some fictional books set in China, and talked about what it must be like to live in China. Then we put some of those things on a trifold board (Yangtze River running through it, chopsticks, rice and noodles glued on, a handprint dragon, a map, and a picture of a little girl in traditional Chinese dress), gave out fortune cookies, and the swaps the girls made were red paper circles with a toothpick cut in half (pointy ends removed) glued on and a few grains of rice, with a sticky pin backing. I was so proud.
Anyway, tomorrow is the culmination of my busy week. It starts with 9am piano, then pick up supplies from Kim for the 11am baby shower for Amy. Quick get in the van (and haul along mom and the other van) for girl scout cookie pick up at 1:30. What do you do with 80 cases of cookies? Well, you certainly don't use your living room anymore! Rush, hurry to Sidda's 3rd birthday party, thank goodness Kim is Martha Stewart in disguise and has totally uber planned the whole thing. Back home to sort cookies so my dear parents can please, please, please come pick them up and get them out of my hair. Whew! Thankfully I get to sleep in a bit on Sunday, as it is Stake Conference at 10am instead of 9am.
I'll try to post again when I resurface!

No comments: