Monday, November 20, 2006

Hurt Feelings...

So, I just got off the phone with my MIL, and my feelings are really hurt. I was asked at the family meeting last Monday to write the eulogy, and I have been thinking about it, getting prepared. Well, I just called her to get Dad's specific dates, where he had lived, etc, and she said, oh, there were a bunch of the kids over at my brother in law's house last night, and they wrote it. I can just go ahead and forward my stuff on to him. Of course, she acted like this should be fine with me, no explanation necessary. Just that I hadn't done it, so he did. I am feeling really left out. I know he wasn't my father, and I really just offered to write the eulogy because I wanted to be nice and not make any of them do it. I don't mind not doing it, but not being told, and not being included in all the memories last night made me sad. I know this is probably overreacting, and it is an emotional week, but I can't make myself feel otherwise. Well, I'm feeling a little better already. His family just sucks, and I know it, and there is nothing else to do but get over it. So, I guess I will. Preferably before tomorrow morning's funeral.
My best friend is coming to town in about 30 minutes. But, she, in that way that best friends can be, has a tendency to react even stronger to things that hurt me than I do. So, I want to tell her, but I know it will just make me upset again. *sigh* And she is already upset, because her family is crazy and dysfunctional, too! Why do we even have families?!? So we can screw each other up even more?!? Whatever.

No comments: