Thursday, September 13, 2007

End of summer

Well, it has been a long summer, and now I am ready for fall. Having fallen off the wagon, I hope to at least check in some. Over the summer, I did a lot of Parent Participation classes through the Adult School with my kids (messy art, gymnastics, gardening, field trip, preschool) and took my kids to swim lessons. Still can't swim, but that is another story. Why do I get so frustrated with my firstborn? Why are my expectations so unrealisitc? Whatever. My best friend's daughter moved out, into her grandmother's house. Went to the park, did a little camping, not much travelling. Until this past week, and the four of us went to Mono Lake area to camp for a week. It was fabulous! We went to Bodie, Mono Lake, Mammoth, and in between. It was actually tent camping this week, and I have never camped for so many nights. It was great, so relaxing, and nice to let the kids just be kids. Came back with renewed energy and ideas that quickly disappated when reality shone it's sunny face. Ah, well, such is life.
This upcoming Monday is my daughter's 4th birthday. Crazy! She is having a real birthday party this weekend, with friends. It will be a camping theme, but not overnight. We are setting up a tent in the front yard, a fire pit (I'm sure my snobby neighbors will love me), and some camping activities. I am really looking forward to it, and so is she. We also started Parent Participation classes this week, which need more enrollment to go on, hopefully people get on the bandwagon! Field Trip, messy art, gymnastics, two preschool classes, and gardening. My oldest also has dance on Fridays. Tomorrow, and I need to bring snack to class, and locate all of my daughter's things...Yuck! Always something.
Not much else new TTC, for all those familiar with the baby lingo. Just this month, so we'll see.
Planning my husband's graduation in 3 months! Woo-Hoo! I am so excited, just to have him finish!
It's my birthday next week, too. :) My birthday present from my husband? All the film I have been saving up over the summer, developed! It will be a great present, and I am totally looking forward to it.

No comments: