Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Almost April...means March is over...whew

March has flown by. I felt like March was over before it begun, it was so busy. Between birthdays and cookie sales, compounded this year by Easter, it was a mess. I am glad it is over, although I do feel like I missed out on some important things somehow. Like I should have gotten more enjoyment from it all.
Cookie sales are over, all I have to do is the paperwork, which is looking pretty well organized and doable. We sold almost 1200 boxes of cookies, our proceeds in the $800s, which exceeded our goals. And, best news of all, we don't have any cookies left. That is a first for us!
I got the news yesterday that I have gestational diabetes. Yuck. I really blew the test, so there is no question of it. Unfortunately, I don't feel like eating, haven't gained any weight (which is kind of okay, I was overweight to begin with), and only want carbs. You know, the stuff they are going to tell me to lay off. Sigh. My automatic response is to say okay, I'll just stop eating. Not the right answer. What worries me the most is that we plan on having another child, and it will be worse next time.
The girls were sick over the weekend, but now we are fine, and ready to go enjoy our spring break. Today we are hoping to go swimming, and tomorrow ride horses. Or, the girls will. Unfortunately I am not doing any horseback riding at this point.
Okay, I'm going to sign off to accomplish another one of my goals for this week: getting the house clean!

No comments: